Tech Lead, AI
NOTICE: ONLINE RECRUITMENT PROCESS
LOCATION: KRAKÓW OR REMOTELY FROM POLAND
SALARY: 33 500 - 45 000 gross/monthly
Every month we are proud to be home to 300 million users around the world. Brainly’s knowledge base consists of hundreds of millions of Q&A contents in more than 12 languages and covering a broad spectrum of educational subjects at different grades.
The AI Services department represents a major investment toward the vision of implementing an AI-powered Predictive Intervention platform. The platform will enable every student to receive tailored recommendations satisfying their current and future educational needs, and provide successful and specific learning paths.
In order to get there, we are building the fundamental pillars of our AI strategy by having dedicated teams owning different systems of our technology portfolio and in particular we are heavily investing in natural language processing technologies.
The Answer Platform ML team’s vision is to build the necessary systems to provide accurate, high quality, and tailored answers to all the questions our users face in their daily educational journey.
The team is responsible for providing the machine learning capabilities to:
- Route textual questions and educational content to the appropriate service that provides the best answers
- Increase the coverage of answers our users are provided with
- Actively contribute to the answering services and individual components that build up our answering and search platform
- Improve and introduce new functionalities to classify images and extract visual information to improve retrieval precision and personalize the answering results
- Deploy, maintain, and own the models in production
This is a Tech Lead role where you will act as the technical leader for all team projects. You will lead a team of data scientists and Machine learning engineers driving the data science capabilities of our answering platform and state-of-the-art NLP algorithms and LLMs using python, HuggingFace transformers, PyTorch, Sagemaker and other AWS cloud services. You will own the development, deployment and maintenance of all the models developed by the team.
You will also work closely with other teams to integrate and facilitate the consumption of the deployed models. This role also involves project scoping, stakeholder management, and communication.
The ideal candidate is an enthusiast of educational technologies with a product-oriented data science & machine learning background and a blend of leadership, deep learning, and model deployment skillset.
Are you able to lead all technical aspects of the project?
Are you passionate about technical mentoring?
Are you into researching and implementing novel techniques?
If you answered yes to these questions, you might just be the perfect candidate for this role!
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Making technical decisions regarding the scope of the team work
- Guiding the team in technical decisions and being accountable for them
- Coordinating the work breakdown, sprint-level planning, and day-to-day team operations
- Leading by example, showing how to get things done, and being among the top contributors of the team
- Technical mentoring and reviews (code and analysis)
Research & Development
- Researching and implementing novel techniques of text classification and text generation using modern approaches like LLMs
- Exploring and analyzing multi-dimensional and unstructured data in order to find patterns and relationships
- Effectively communicating results to direct stakeholders and the company at large
- Ensuring statistical and scientific rigor among the whole team
- Designing systems, architectures, methodologies, and defining technical and research specifications
- Contributing to the definition of the team roadmap and deliverables
- Collecting requirements for new projects and supporting the Delivery Manager with stakeholder management in technical areas
- Planning and estimating technical capacity and efforts required
- Responsibility for the technical success and quality of the team deliverables
- Aligning multiple technology and product teams, business and management stakeholders on the ML systems owned by the team
- Navigating the social complexities of having multiple stakeholders with different views and different KPIs
- Collaborating with other teams, other tech leads, and Management to develop processes, policies, protocols, and solutions related to best practices
- Educating Brainly employees on the topics related to Data Science & Machine Learning and the importance of high-quality contents
WHAT MAKES YOU THE PERFECT CANDIDATE
- 4+ years experience with Deep Learning models for NLP or text analytics in production, or a comparable industry career, with machine learning, data mining, or statistical modeling
- Experience with modern Cloud Computing (preferably AWS) or equivalent deployment and infrastructure experience
- Experience working with deployment of ML models to production
- Experience with leading projects involving Deep Learning models
- Strong python coding skills, in particular for the purpose of training & deploying models
- Proven technical leadership of complex data science teams or machine learning projects involving multiple roles and/or teams
- Deep knowledge and understanding of theoretical foundations of modern Machine Learning, specifically Deep Neural Networks, either NLP/LLMs or Computer vision
- Strong background and experience with cloud computing (AWS or equivalent for other cloud providers): EC2, SageMaker, S3, EKS, ECR, Lambda, Batch, StepFunctions
- Machine Learning frameworks such as: Tensorflow or PyTorch, AWS Sagemaker, scikit-learn, Transformers (Huggingface)
- Experience with modern deployment of models, for example using torchserve
- Data analysis and visualization tools such as pandas, plotly, matplotlib or streamlit
- Familiarity with Docker containers and deployment of models as part of the full Model lifecycle
- Familiarity with basics in Data Engineering: SQL and NoSQL
- Fluency in English
WHAT YOU GET BY JOINING BRAINLY
- We want to see you grow along with us – you will have 800$ per year for personal development, extra time for attending conferences and workshops, and unlimited access to an online learning platform (courses from Coursera, Udacity, Udemy, Harvard ManageMentor, and many others!)
- Health is important, which is why at Brainly, we fully cover private health & dental care packages for you and your family and provide you with a sport card (Multisport Plus)
- You will also get an access to online individual psychological consultations with professionals in English & Polish via the Mental Health Helpline
- Flexible working hours – working requires communication, so we work within the European business hours, but we also know that life may be unpredictable, so if you need to jump out of work (doctor’s appointment, emergency, anything) – no problem!
- Your personal concierge AskHenry will support you in your daily duties, eg. planning your dream vacation
- You can join internal communities and contribute to charity, diversity and inclusion initiatives, take part in great internal events or represent Brainly at conferences or meet-ups
- We also provide stock options
WHAT IS BRAINLY
Brainly is a leading learning platform worldwide with the most extensive Knowledge Base for all school subjects and grades. Hundreds of millions of students, parents and educators rely on Brainly as the proven platform to accelerate understanding and learning. Based in Kraków, Poland, with offices in New York City, and Barcelona, Brainly apps and websites are visited by users from over 35 countries. Backed by Prosus, Point Nine Capital, General Catalyst, Runa Capital, Learn Capital and Kulczyk Investments.
Learn more about Brainly at www.brainly.com
By sending us your application you agree that Brainly sp. z o.o. will process your personal data to participate in this recruitment process. If you want to know more about how Brainly processes your personal data please click here.