Senior ML Engineer, NLP & Computer Vision
NOTICE: ONLINE RECRUITMENT PROCESS
LOCATION: KRAKÓW OR REMOTELY FROM POLAND
SALARY FOR A MID: 17 500 - 30 000 PLN gross/monthly
SALARY FOR A SENIOR: 26 000 - 35 000 PLN gross/monthly
Every month we are proud to be home to 300 million users around the world. Brainly’s knowledge base consists of hundreds of millions of Q&A contents in more than 12 languages and covering a broad spectrum of educational subjects at different grades.
The AI Services department represents a major investment toward the vision of implementing an AI-powered Predictive Intervention platform. The platform will enable every student to receive tailored recommendations satisfying their current and future educational needs, and provide successful and specific learning paths.
In order to get there, we are building the fundamental pillars of our AI strategy by having dedicated teams owning different systems of our technology portfolio and in particular we are heavily investing in natural language processing technologies.
The Answer Platform ML team’s vision is to build the necessary systems to provide accurate, high quality, and tailored answers to all the questions our users face in their daily educational journey.
The team is responsible for providing the machine learning capabilities to:
- Route textual questions and educational content to the appropriate service that provides the best answers.
- Increase the coverage of answers our users are provided with.
- Actively contribute to the answering services and individual components that build up our answering and search platform.
- Improve and introduce new functionalities to classify images and extract visual information to improve retrieval precision and personalize the answering results.
- Deploy, maintain, and own the models in production.
As a Machine Learning Engineer you will work together with Data Scientists to turn machine learning artifacts into production systems, integrated with other product features or business processes. You will be a part of the team driving the data science capabilities of our answering platform and state-of-the-art NLP algorithms and LLMs using python, HuggingFace transformers, PyTorch, Sagemaker and other AWS cloud services. You will play the key role in the development, deployment and maintenance of all the models developed by the team.
You will also work closely with other teams to integrate and facilitate the consumption of the deployed models. This role also involves project scoping, stakeholder management, and communication.
The ideal candidate is an enthusiast of educational technologies with a product-oriented data science & machine learning background and a blend of leadership, deep learning, and model deployment skillset.
Are you able to explore data and draw conclusions?
Do you exceed at developing, owning, and maintaining production services, and exposing models to various consumers?
Can you ensure proper integration of exposed models into the overall organizational infrastructure?
If you answered yes to these questions, you might just be the perfect candidate for this role!
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Develop and deploy machine learning models used for internal Answering Platform
- Implement tools and frameworks that help Data Scientists work more efficiently, simplifying areas such as model training and evaluation, data annotation and processing
- Execute in-depth data analysis to bring actionable business insights
- Execute Data Science experiments coordinated by Data Scientists
- Process large data sets - both within prepared and well-organised data pipelines, as well as in quick and dirty mode - for the sake of quick experimentation
WHAT MAKES YOU THE PERFECT CANDIDATE
- 2+ years experience with Deep Learning models for NLP or text analytics in production, or a comparable industry career, with machine learning, data mining, or statistical modeling
- Practical experience with deployment of machine learning models as microservices (on top of a Kubernetes cluster e.g. Amazon EKS)
- Practical experience with modern Cloud Computing (preferably AWS) and services such as S3, EC2, Lambda, Redshift, Sagemaker or similar
- Experience working with deployment of ML models to production, monitoring live machine learning systems and managing models’ lifecycle (e.g. labeling, retraining)
- Strong background and experience with cloud computing (AWS or equivalent for other cloud providers): EC2, SageMaker, S3, EKS, ECR, Lambda, Batch, StepFunctions
- Experience with modern deployment of models, for example using torchserve, NVIDIA Triton or Seldon
- Hands-on experience with Kubernetes (Helm, Deployments, ReplicaSets)
- Hands-on experience with infrastructure as Code tools (Terraform, CloudFormation, Pulumi)
WHAT WILL BLOW OUR MINDS
- Deep knowledge and understanding of theoretical foundations of modern Machine Learning, specifically Deep Neural Networks, either NLP/LLMs or Computer vision
- Familiarity with basics in Data Engineering: SQL and NoSQL
WHAT YOU GET BY JOINING BRAINLY
- We want to see you grow along with us – you will have 800$ per year for personal development, extra time for attending conferences and workshops, and unlimited access to an online learning platform (courses from Coursera, Udacity, Udemy, Harvard ManageMentor, and many others!)
- Health is important, which is why at Brainly, we fully cover private health & dental care packages for you and your family and provide you with a sport card (Multisport Plus)
- You will also get an access to online individual psychological consultations with professionals in English & Polish via the Mental Health Helpline
- Flexible working hours – working requires communication, so we work within the European business hours, but we also know that life may be unpredictable, so if you need to jump out of work (doctor’s appointment, emergency, anything) – no problem!
- Your personal concierge AskHenry will support you in your daily duties, eg. planning your dream vacation
- You can join internal communities and contribute to charity, diversity and inclusion initiatives, take part in great internal events or represent Brainly at conferences or meet-ups
- We also provide stock options
WHAT IS BRAINLY
Brainly is a leading learning platform worldwide with the most extensive Knowledge Base for all school subjects and grades. Hundreds of millions of students, parents and educators rely on Brainly as the proven platform to accelerate understanding and learning. Based in Kraków, Poland, with offices in New York City, and Barcelona, Brainly apps and websites are visited by users from over 35 countries. Backed by Prosus, Point Nine Capital, General Catalyst, Runa Capital, Learn Capital and Kulczyk Investments.
Learn more about Brainly at www.brainly.com
By sending us your application you agree that Brainly sp. z o.o. will process your personal data to participate in this recruitment process. If you want to know more about how Brainly processes your personal data please click here.