Senior Data Engineer
NOTICE: ONLINE RECRUITMENT PROCESS
LOCATION: KRAKÓW OR REMOTELY FROM POLAND
SALARY: 20 000 - 28 000 PLN gross/monthly
There are more than 300 million reasons to join Brainly — one for every student you’ll help go from questioning to understanding. Team up with us as we build and continue improving one of the most popular ed-tech products on the planet. In a world of questions and uncertainty, you can be part of the answer as we shape the future of learning and change lives, one student at a time. If this excites you, you know what to do next.
Let’s get to know each other. And get ready to make a difference!
We are looking for an experienced, highly motivated Data Engineer to join our Data Engineering Infra Team and help us build data infrastructure that will enable scaling and improvement of Brainly’s data ecosystem.
You will be one of the Data Engineering Infra team members - advocates and champions of the best practices, standards, conventions, and tooling that the Data Engineers in Brainly are using in their daily work. You will work mainly with Snowflake and AWS technologies, playing a crucial role in the creation of our new Data Platform.
Your areas of expertise will help us mostly in these areas:
- Developing efficient data ingestion and transformation from multiple sources
- Building and enhancing data pipelines
- Migration of our legacy system to the new Data Platform
Are you a goal-driven team player? Do you like tackling new challenges using leading-edge industry tools? Can you adapt to rapidly changing conditions while learning and bettering yourself? Are you a detail-oriented expert who loves focusing on quality? If you answered yes to these questions, you might just be the perfect candidate for this role!
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Building best practices, standards, conventions, and selecting tooling for the Data Engineering team in Brainly
- Supporting strategic initiatives through identification of opportunities and implementing solutions
- Solving complex challenges such as performance, scalability, and security
- Design, implementation and maintenance of end-to-end data flows for various product teams within Brainly
- Understand business context and translate stakeholder needs into data pipelines and dashboard requirements
- Work cross-functionally with analysts and various engineering and data science teams to identify and execute new opportunities
- Conducting code reviews, contributing high-quality documentation
WHAT MAKES YOU THE PERFECT CANDIDATE
- 4+ years experience developing and maintaining data processing workflows and applications using one of few solutions like Snowflake, AWS Glue, Apache Spark, EMR, or similar
- Strong knowledge of database systems, both relational and NoSQL
- Familiarity with data warehousing solutions and concepts
- Proficiency in programming languages (Python preferred)
- Strong SQL skills for data manipulation and querying
- Experience in working on streaming and batch processing
- Designing and implementation of ETL, ELT
- Solid understanding of object-oriented and functional programming
- Solid understanding of concepts like ELT, ETL, streaming, batch processing
- Ability to learn quickly and understanding technical and business requirements and be able to translate into technical design and implementation
- High level of self-organization and ability to make your own decisions
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to details
- Fluency in English (B2/C1 level)
WHAT WILL BLOW OUR MINDS
- Experience with Terraform, Github and AWS Ecosystem
- Experience with Snowflake, AWS Glue, AWS Kinesis, AWS Redshift
- Familiarity with DataOps concepts
- MS degree in Computer Science, a similar technical field of study, or have equivalent practical experience
- Your are passionate about education
WHAT YOU GET BY JOINING BRAINLY
- We want to see you grow along with us – you will have 800$ per year for personal development, extra time for attending conferences and workshops, and unlimited access to an online learning platform (courses from Coursera, Udacity, Udemy, Harvard ManageMentor, and many others!)
- Health is important, which is why at Brainly, we fully cover private health & dental care packages for you and your family and provide you with a sport card (Multisport Plus)
- You will also get an access to online individual psychological consultations with professionals in English & Polish via the Mental Health Helpline
- Flexible working hours – working requires communication, so we work within the European business hours, but we also know that life may be unpredictable, so if you need to jump out of work (doctor’s appointment, emergency, anything) – no problem!
- Your personal concierge AskHenry will support you in your daily duties, eg. planning your dream vacation
- You can join internal communities and contribute to charity, diversity and inclusion initiatives, take part in great internal events or represent Brainly at conferences or meet-ups
- We also provide stock options.
WHAT IS BRAINLY
Brainly is a leading learning platform worldwide with the most extensive Knowledge Base for all school subjects and grades. Hundreds of millions of students, parents and educators rely on Brainly as the proven platform to accelerate understanding and learning. Based in Kraków, Poland, with offices in New York City, and Barcelona, Brainly apps and websites are visited by users from over 35 countries. Backed by Prosus, Point Nine Capital, General Catalyst, Runa Capital, Learn Capital and Kulczyk Investments.
Learn more about Brainly at www.brainly.com
By sending us your application you agree that Brainly sp. z o.o. will process your personal data to participate in this recruitment process. If you want to know more about how Brainly processes your personal data please click here.