Senior Product Manager, Recommend
Algolia is the world’s most comprehensive search and discovery company. The core of discovery is recommendation. While Algolia’s history with Search is based on users pulling content with queries, Recommend aims at pushing content to them, without any particular explicit trigger. Using our recommendation platform means any business can take advantage of next-gen AI and ML technologies to create great online customer experiences. Our platform can be customized to any companys’ unique business needs and instantly delivers precise, session-based recommendations. It’s designed to be easily integrated into existing infrastructure and software and doesn’t require constant and costly API and software updates. Recommendations generate more engagement from users (e.g. the success of feeds like TikTok demonstrate the power of pushing contents). Finally, Recommend completes the discovery experience by filling areas that would not otherwise be filled with search.
As Product Manager for the Recommend team:
- You will play a pivotal role in owning and architecting our Recommend product, and play a central role in the future of discovery at Algolia
- You will be in the driver’s seat to innovate in the multi-billion dollar market eCommerce industry
The Recommend group is a remote first, multicultural team that believes our diversity should match the world around us. We are looking for a Senior Product Manager who can build the roadmap, drive execution, and help to define the vision of the product in that space. Additionally, you will work cross functionally with other teams creating delightful moments for our customers.
YOUR ROLE WILL CONSIST OF:
- Develop a deep understanding of customer needs in the Recommendation space and identify what we can build to enable them.
- Own, define, and communicate the roadmap of the Recommend team with all key stakeholders. Directly influence the vision and strategy.
- Build processes to deliver AI-driven solutions that satisfy the needs of our customers
- Collaborate with UX design efforts supporting product iterations of our dashboard as well as integrated platforms
- Collaborate with engineering and machine learning teams to master the specifications of our AI platform and APIs, and lead technical product development and integrations initiatives
- Assist the engineering manager to assess product development sprints and enhancement opportunities, monitor progress and evaluate results
- Build and nurture an agile and innovative product culture within the team, founded on the importance of continuous and rapid prototyping and learning
- Uses analytical and quantitative skills to manage the business ‘by the numbers’
- Develop budgets, forecasts, and metrics
- Drive innovative ideas, solutions and products through leadership and decisive action
- Understand the evolving competitive landscape and identify potential strategic partnerships for complementary product offerings
YOU MIGHT BE A FIT IF YOU HAVE:
- 5 years experience in B2B product management
- Demonstrated success in shipping and iterating on products within an agile software development environment
- An ability to work with engineering, design, product marketing, GTM sales, and customer support to help launch new products and support existing ones.
- Ability to understand technical business problems, craft effective strategies to tackle them, and present simple solutions to our customers
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Extremely well organized with the ability to balance multiple concurrent priorities in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment
- Good-to-have familiarity with ML/AI technologies
- Nice-to-have familiarity with search and recommendation engines and technologies
- Nice-to-have good understanding of the eCommerce industry trends and ecosystems
- Experience writing code - for fun, college, or work - is a plus. We are looking for someone with a technical bent to communicate with our internal engineers and engineering management, as well as our engineering-focused customers.
- Preference for candidates with experience at our current stage and beyond (over 10,000 customers, $200-500M ARR range, high growth, lots of change and building internal infrastructure).
We’re looking for someone who can live our values:
- GRIT - Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment
- TRUST - Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership
- CANDOR - Ability to receive and give constructive feedback.
- CARE - Genuine care about other team members, our clients, and the decisions we make in the company.
- HUMILITY- Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside.
Algolia’s flexible workplace model is designed to empower all Algolians to fulfill our mission to power search and discovery with ease. We place an emphasis on an individual’s impact, contribution, and output, over their physical location. Algolia is a high-trust environment and our team members have the autonomy to choose where they want to work and when. We know community comes in many forms and strive to create opportunities for intentional in-person connection in our offices and virtually for our remote colleagues around the world.
We have a global presence with physical offices in San Francisco, NYC, Paris, London, Sydney and Bucharest.
Algolia prides itself on being a pioneer and market leader offering an AI-powered, API-First Search & Discovery platform that empowers 17,000+ businesses to compose customer experiences at internet scale that predict what their users want with blazing fast search and web browse experience. Algolia powers more than 30 billion search requests a week – four times more than Microsoft Bing, Yahoo, Baidu, Yandex and DuckDuckGo combined.
Algolia is part of a cadre of innovative new companies that are driving the next generation of software development, creating APIs that make developers’ lives easier; solutions that are better than building from scratch and better than having to tweak monolithic SaaS solutions.
In 2021, the company closed $150 million in series D funding and quadrupled its post-money valuation of $2.25 billion. Being well capitalized enables Algolia to continue to invest in its market leading platform, to better serve its thousands of customers–including Under Armor, Petsmart, Stripe, Gymshark, and Walgreens, to name just a few.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
We’re looking for talented, passionate people to build the world’s best search & discovery technology. As an ownership-driven company, we seek team members who thrive within an environment based on autonomy and diversity. We're committed to building an inclusive and diverse workplace. We care about each other and the world around us, and embrace talented people regardless of their race, age, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, color, veteran status, disability and socioeconomic background.
READY TO APPLY?
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for building the world’s best search & discovery technology, we’d love to review your application!