Senior Solutions Engineer
At Algolia, we are passionate about helping developers & product teams connect their users with what matters most in milliseconds! Algolia provides the industry’s most powerful search and discovery SaaS platform, driving richer, more powerful engagement and success capabilities to over 6000 companies. We are seeking passionate and industrious Senior Solutions Engineers ready to join a hyper-growth business and market to help evangelize and drive technical success with our solutions.
The Solutions Engineer is a critical part of the go-to-market team, working closely with the sales and solutions organizations, playing a major role in the revenue attainment of the company and the adoption and best practices of our customers.
The Algolia Solutions Engineer is responsible for delivering the technical win and product fit on opportunities and accounts. They lead the technical pre-sales relationship, work closely with Account Executives, demonstrate the product and architecture, overcome objections, and offer creative and consultative solutions.
The Algolia Solution Engineer is both a highly technical product expert and a skilled relationship builder. They are comfortable showing an engaging communications experience to a CTO or developing a prototype with the API in communication with customer software engineers.
The ideal candidate gets excited talking to engineers, product managers, and CTOs, and also knows how to distill technical concepts to business value for all types of buyers.
The SE also is an important advocate for customer interests to product and engineering, creating compelling technical content, enabling other groups, and working on cross-company initiatives.
Our priorities are determined by a single question: what will help our customers be more successful with Algolia?
YOUR ROLE WILL CONSIST OF:
- Work with Sales Teams and prospects on their evaluation and adoption of Algolia solutions
- Understand and qualify customer goals and effectively articulate Algolia’s ability to meet them
- Assist in the Sales process including discovery, demo, Proofs of Concept (POC), RFP responses & business justification.
- Develop custom search applications leveraging the tools, frameworks, and partners of the Algolia ecosystem.
- Distill and advocate customer interests, needs and product feedback to Product and Engineering
- Continuously learn and update skills and keep aware of industry trends in the Search and Discovery space, and contribute to thought leadership to make Algolia more accessible to the world.
- Work with the Solution Architects and Customer Success teams on seamless transition to the post sales process to ensure highly successful onboarding.
YOU MIGHT BE A FIT IF YOU HAVE:
- Obsessed with Solving Customer Problems
- 2- 4 years experience in a customer-facing technical role (SE, SA, consultant, PM), ideally in the SaaS space
- Great oral and written communication skills
- Superior organizational skills working with multiple customers and have the ability to switch context quickly throughout the day with various competing demands and attention to detail.
- Experience at our current stage and beyond ($50-200M ARR range, high growth, lots of change and building internal infrastructure)
NICE TO HAVE:
- A background in the search industry or e-commerce
- Specific knowledge in frameworks Magento, Shopify
- Knowledge in Analytics, SEO
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN LIVE OUR VALUES:
- GRIT - Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment
- TRUST - Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership
- CANDOR - Ability to receive and give constructive feedback.
- CARE - Genuine care about other team members, our clients and the decisions we make in the company.
- HUMILITY- Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside.
Algolia’s flexible workplace model is designed to empower all Algolians to fulfill our mission to power search and discovery with ease. We place an emphasis on an individual’s impact, contribution, and output, over their physical location. Algolia is a high-trust environment and our team members have the autonomy to choose where they want to work and when. We know community comes in many forms and strive to create opportunities for intentional in-person connection in our offices and virtually for our remote colleagues around the world.
We have a global presence with physical offices in San Francisco, NYC, Paris, London, Sydney and Bucharest.
Algolia prides itself on being a pioneer and market leader offering an AI-powered, API-First Search & Discovery platform that empowers 17,000+ businesses to compose customer experiences at internet scale that predict what their users want with blazing fast search and web browse experience. Algolia powers more than 30 billion search requests a week – four times more than Microsoft Bing, Yahoo, Baidu, Yandex and DuckDuckGo combined.
Algolia is part of a cadre of innovative new companies that are driving the next generation of software development, creating APIs that make developers’ lives easier; solutions that are better than building from scratch and better than having to tweak monolithic SaaS solutions.
In 2021, the company closed $150 million in series D funding and quadrupled its post-money valuation of $2.25 billion. Being well capitalized enables Algolia to continue to invest in its market leading platform, to better serve its thousands of customers–including Under Armor, Petsmart, Stripe, Gymshark, and Walgreens, to name just a few.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
We’re looking for talented, passionate people to build the world’s best search & discovery technology. As an ownership-driven company, we seek team members who thrive within an environment based on autonomy and diversity. We're committed to building an inclusive and diverse workplace. We care about each other and the world around us, and embrace talented people regardless of their race, age, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, color, veteran status, disability and socioeconomic background.
READY TO APPLY?
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for building the world’s best search & discovery technology, we’d love to review your application!