Manager - Site Reliability Engineering
Your team will focus on Engineering Productivity, providing a Dev Experience and Toolings to increase the velocity of the whole organization.
You will be supported by experienced Individual Contributors to automate and secure services such as:
- CI/CD for multiple products and environments
- Observability (alerting, monitoring, log management)
- Hosting Services (Cloud and Kubernetes based)
- Data Services
- Identity Services
YOUR ROLE WILL CONSIST OF:
- Collaborating with senior leadership to define the overall technical direction and strategy for the organization, and ensure that the SRE team's goals and initiatives are aligned with this strategy.
- As well as building and maintaining strong relationships with stakeholders across the organization, as you represent the SRE organization in cross-functional meetings.
- You also stay close to product and design teams to ensure that the user experience is always top of mind.
- You are expected to provide leadership, guidance and mentorship to your team members, helping them to develop their technical skills and knowledge of best practices in site reliability engineering. You continuously evaluate and improve the performance of the SRE team, and you identify and implement initiatives to drive operational excellence and improve overall service reliability.
- Establishing and enforcing engineering processes and best practices that ensure high-quality, reliable, and scalable systems, as well as working with other teams to promote the adoption of these processes and practices across the organization.
- You will be responsible for defining and maintaining service level agreements (SLAs) and key performance indicators (KPIs) for your team's services, and you work with other teams to ensure that these SLAs and KPIs are being met. As well as leading cross-functional efforts to resolve complex technical issues and mitigate operational risks across multiple teams and domains.
- Along with your team you will help design and implement monitoring, alerting, and metrics systems to ensure the availability, performance, and reliability of your team's services, and you continuously refine and improve these systems.
- Collaborating with other technical teams to identify opportunities to automate processes, and design and implement automated tools and systems to support these processes.
- As manager, you also manage the budget for your team, ensuring that resources are being used effectively and efficiently.
- Finally, you are responsible for documenting your team's projects and processes, and you ensure that this documentation is up-to-date and accessible to all stakeholders.
YOU MIGHT BE A FIT IF :
- 4+ years of engineering management experience
- You are fluent in Agile methodology and can lead a project from the idea to Production
- You are comfortable managing a large team regrouping all seniority levels, and accompanying Individual Contributors in their growth and development
- You know how to deploy an application from laptop to production, are able to fully automate it, and you are comfortable with Production requirements (Observability, Alerting,...)
- You are knowledgeable in DevOps principles, CI/CD pipelines, Kubernetes (Administration and Utilisation)
- You are knowledgeable in Infrastructure as Code such as Terraform deployed to multiple cloud environments
- You are knowledgeable of at least one programming language (Python, Golang, Ruby.)
- Full professional English proficiency
- Ability to make decisions and take ownership for them
WE'RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN LIVE OUR VALUES:
GRIT - Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment.
TRUST - Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership.
CANDOR - Ability to receive and give constructive feedback.
CARE - Genuine care about other team members, our clients and the decisions we make in the company.
HUMILITY- Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside.
Algolia’s workplace strategy, Hybrid Remote, is designed to harness the power of the opportunities that remote work offers both employees and the company, while also providing an engaging in-office experience for the times when an employee is in an office. Our workplace approach reflects the belief that an employee’s impact, contribution, and output are more important than their physical location.
The majority of employees will be able to choose if, and when, they come into an office on a regular basis. There will be times when our people are asked to come into an office for “moments that matter:” activities like critical planning meetings and team social gatherings. Beyond those events, 80% of our workforce may choose the location from where they work in the country in which they were hired.
We have physical offices in San Francisco, NYC, Atlanta, Paris, London, Austin, Sydney and Bucharest. https://www.algolia.com/about/
Algolia prides itself on being a pioneer and market leader offering an AI-powered, API-First Search & Discovery platform that empowers 12,000+ businesses to compose customer experiences at internet scale that predict what their users want with blazing fast search and web browse experience. Algolia powers more than 30 billion search requests a week – four times more than Microsoft Bing, Yahoo, Baidu, Yandex and DuckDuckGo combined.
Algolia is part of a cadre of innovative new companies that are driving the next generation of software development, creating APIs that make developers’ lives easier; solutions that are better than building from scratch and better than having to tweak monolithic SaaS solutions.
In 2021, the company closed $150 million in series D funding and quadrupled its post-money valuation of $2.25 billion. Being well capitalized enables Algolia to continue to invest in its market leading platform, to better serve its thousands of customers–including Under Armor, Petsmart, Stripe, Gymshark, and Walgreens, to name just a few.
The team is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Paris, London, New York, Austin, Atlanta, Sydney and Bucharest. To learn more, visit www.algolia.com.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
We’re looking for talented, passionate people to build the world’s best search & discovery technology. As an ownership-driven company, we seek team members who thrive within an environment based on autonomy and diversity. We're committed to building an inclusive and diverse workplace. We care about each other and the world around us, and embrace talented people regardless of their race, age, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, color, veteran status, disability and socioeconomic background.
READY TO APPLY?
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for building the world’s best search & discovery technology, we’d love to review your application!