Customer Solutions Architect
- Be a Trusted Advisor; engage with our customers’ technical architects and business stakeholders to provide high-quality technical solutions and product training to drive successful customer outcomes
- Link business processes with product technical solutions
- Execute delivery methodology to drive projects to completion on time and on budget
- Troubleshoot key customer implementation issues and demonstrate ability to drive successful resolution
- Prototype and catalog new solutions to fit business pain points
- Consult on architecture, indexing, searching, and UI best practices
- Expand relationship and product usage within the enterprise segment
- Engage in customer calls and on-site visits to help inform and align on product roadmaps for future partnership growth
- Aid in the development of detailed action plan, roadmap, prototype, final recommendation document, SM Action Plan and Retrospective
- Partner with Success Management and Engagement Manager and other internal roles to understand project goals and deliverables
- Create and increase reusability of solutions content (blog posts, workshop tutorials, etc), tooling, and internal projects
- Build out tooling and/or collateral to help scale customer engagement
- Inform and ultimately evolve product ecosystem by listening and advocating for customers technical needs
- Work with Engineering to track and resolve feature requests and bugs
- Meet with Product to stay informed on the latest changes to Algolia ecosystem and disseminate internally and to customers as appropriate
REQUIRED SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- Polished consulting skills
- Keen awareness of sensitive client topics
- Capability to tactfully navigate and effectively address client messaging and recommendations
- 2+ years professional experience as a full-stack web developer
- Proficient in a backend framework (i.e. node, Rails, Django, etc.)
- Ability to establish credibility and rapport with Senior Executives and technical and non-technical team members
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with a history of hands-on project management of large and small initiatives
- Ability to prioritize tasks effectively with a high-level of attention to detail
- Ability to quickly define dependencies, issues, and outline mitigation plans against risks
- Ability to work under tight deadlines while being flexible and responding to changing business and technical conditions
- Ability to communicate effectively to both the technology and business communities
- Consistent history of business-building successes and passion for results
NICE TO HAVE:
- Backend/frontend mobile development
- Analytics, A/B testing
- Familiarity in relevant verticalsE-commerce/SaaS/Media
- Project management experience
- Experience within search domain and search-as-a-service companies
- Experience at our current stage and beyond ($50-200M ARR range, high growth, lots of change and building internal infrastructure)
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN LIVE OUR VALUES:
- GRIT - Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment.
- TRUST - Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership.
- CANDOR - Ability to receive and give constructive feedback.
- CARE - Genuine care about other team members, our clients and the decisions we make in the company.
- HUMILITY - Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside.
Algolia’s workplace strategy, Hybrid Remote, is designed to harness the power of the opportunities that remote work offers both employees and the company, while also providing an engaging in-office experience for the times when an employee is in an office. Our workplace approach reflects the belief that an employee’s impact, contribution, and output are more important than their physical location.
The majority of employees will be able to choose if, and when, they come into an office on a regular basis. There will be times when our people are asked to come into an office for “moments that matter:” activities like critical planning meetings and team social gatherings. Beyond those events, 80% of our workforce may choose the location from where they work in the country in which they were hired.
We have physical offices in San Francisco, NYC, Atlanta, Paris, London, Austin, Sydney and Bucharest. https://www.algolia.com/about/
Algolia prides itself on being a pioneer and market leader offering an AI-powered, API-First Search & Discovery platform that empowers 12,000+ businesses to compose customer experiences at internet scale that predict what their users want with blazing fast search and web browse experience. Algolia powers more than 30 billion search requests a week – four times more than Microsoft Bing, Yahoo, Baidu, Yandex and DuckDuckGo combined.
Algolia is part of a cadre of innovative new companies that are driving the next generation of software development, creating APIs that make developers’ lives easier; solutions that are better than building from scratch and better than having to tweak monolithic SaaS solutions.
In 2021, the company closed $150 million in series D funding and quadrupled its post-money valuation of $2.25 billion. Being well capitalized enables Algolia to continue to invest in its market leading platform, to better serve its thousands of customers–including Under Armor, Petsmart, Stripe, Gymshark, and Walgreens, to name just a few.
The team is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Paris, London, New York, Austin, Atlanta, Sydney and Bucharest. To learn more, visit www.algolia.com.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
We’re looking for talented, passionate people to build the world’s best search & discovery technology. As an ownership-driven company, we seek team members who thrive within an environment based on autonomy and diversity. We're committed to building an inclusive and diverse workplace. We care about each other and the world around us, and embrace talented people regardless of their race, age, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, color, veteran status, disability and socioeconomic background.
READY TO APPLY?
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for building the world’s best search & discovery technology, we’d love to review your application!
Something looks off?